Know the 5 possible reasons for an itchy scalp and what are the possible reasons for itchy scalp?
- Eczema: It is a condition that causes a rash on the surface of the skin generating inflammation. People have attributed eczema to various cause stress from a type of diet. Eczema is even associated with allergic reactions to some soaps and cosmetics.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: Another medical condition that can cause itching, flaking, and irritation of the scalp.
Some experts mistake a seborrhea scalp for common dandruff. It is not a very serious problem, it can be treated with topical creams and specialized shampoos.
- Psoriasis: Another chronic condition is psoriasis that is characterized by itching and scaling. The condition occurs when our immune system induces an overproduction of cells in the scalp. The most obvious affected area is around the root. The condition can be alleviated with specialized creams and shampoos.
- Dry scalp: A dry scalp can cause irritated itchiness. Winter enhances this condition, so it is advisable to use moisturizing products to hydrate the scalp.
- Excess oil or oil from the scalp: An oily scalp that is not washed regularly, or one that has too much product or dirt buildup, can also cause dandruff-like irritation. Poor or irregular hair washing can affect the normal development of the cells of the scalp, causing scales, itching and a bad smell.
Discover the best products to calm the itchy scalp: